Induction Year: 1986
John McFarlin (1913-1993) moved to San Antonio from Wichita Falls in 1950. His contributions and love for tennis touched the lives of thousands of players and spectators.
In 1956 McFarlin endowed the tennis program at Trinity University, obtaining Clarence Mabry as coach. In 1974 after 3 years of planning, the McFarlin Tennis Center (formerly the San Pedro Tennis Center) was completed in San Pedro Park in San Antonio. McFarlin funded many of the improvements of the McFarlin Tennis Center until his death in 1993.
Construction of orginal McFarlin
Tennis Center in 1972